North Atlanta OB/GYN offers complete obstetric care encompassing prenatal, delivery, and post-partum care. Our physicians will provide you with a safe, competent, and positive prenatal and birth experience. We encourage our patients to be involved in all aspects of this process.
Your first obstetrical visit is typically scheduled between 8 -12 weeks gestation. Gestational age is determined by your last menstrual cycle. You may be seen earlier for a confirmation of pregnancy visit at 6-9 weeks gestation. If you have a previous history of miscarriage or are unsure of your last menstrual cycle, a confirmation of pregnancy visit should certainly be scheduled.
In addition to management of the normal prenatal course, we also specialize in the following obstetrical services:
- Ultrasounds for dating, growth, anomalies, and fetal well-being
- Non-stress tests to measure fetal well-being
- Screening tests for chromosomal anomalies and genetic disorders
- Rhogam for the Rh negative woman to protect her future fertility
- Management of high-risk pregnancies including:
- Pregnancies complicated by hypertension, diabetes, thyroid disease, and more
- Multiples (twins, triplets, etc.)
- Cord blood banking support